31 THINGS I HAVE LEARNED IN 31 YEARS: BIRTHDAY EDITION
On July 30th, 1987 at 12:00p in Scottsdale, Arizona, yours truly came into this world at 8lbs and 10.5 oz (big baby, I know!) In the past 31 years, I have had magnificent moments, tragic moments, friends to last a lifetime, friends to last a season. Businesses boom, businesses standstill, I’ve traveled to places I never could’ve dreamed & fought to get my life back after a car accident in 2014 that left me unable to walk, in the hospital for months, undergoing 11 surgeries.
Throughout every experience, I have taken away lessons that I hold dear to my heart and utilize always. I am so grateful to be here to celebrate life and my 31st year. Here are a few golden nuggets that I have picked up along my journey.
I present to you - 31 Things I Have Learned In 31 Years.
1. Life doesn't get easier. You get stronger.
2. Stop worrying! "Don’t spend a lot of time imagining the worst-case scenario. It rarely goes down as you imagine it will, and if by some fluke it does, you will have lived it twice.” Michael J. Fox
3. Who you surround yourself with is everything. Protect your circle.
4. A true friend will remain as such, no matter the distance or time.
5. There is no “get rich quick” or “overnight success” - If you want something, you have to put in the WORK. Consistency is key.
6. Don’t compare your Chapter 1 to someone else's Chapter 20
7. Learn something new every day. If you're not growing you're declining.
8. Ask others questions. Take a genuine interest in people.
9. Be kind, always. You never know what your neighbor is going through.
10. It takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations.
11. Don’t go inside a Target unless you have money to burn… just don’t do it.
12. Life is short. Love fully, forgive quickly.
13. Be the change you want to see in the world.
14. It's okay to cancel.
15. Don't forget to pick up the phone and call those that you love - even if it is just for a quick hello.
16. People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
17. Experiences > Things
18. The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
19. Have the slice of pizza.
20. Believe in yourself. If you don't, nobody else will.
21. Hug your grandparents.
22. You're never too old to have a new dream.
24. Don't be afraid. If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again! #FailForward
25. Welcome change and don't look back.
26. Thoughts are things. Keep a positive mind. Invest in yourself.
27. Read for pleasure.
28. Quality over quantity.
29. Take care of your body, mind and spirit.
30. Be a person of your word.
31. No matter the age, we are all still "figuring it out" - Strive to be better than you were yesterday.